There’s nothing more delicious than a breakfast parfait, especially if your little one is keeping your busy in the morning or if you’ve both had a horrible night sleep.
If you aren’t used to preparing your meals in advance, it may be time to do this to ease your morning stress. It’s not easy to find time in the morning to put together a healthy breakfast, especially if you have a newborn or a demanding toddler.
However, these breakfast parfaits will take only a few minutes to put together the night before and they can last a few days in the fridge if you cover the top with saran wrap. Our advice is to create them in a mason jar, so you can quickly grab one and go. And the best thing is you can add different fruits and even nuts to make new combinations, so you don’t get bored with your selection.
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp of dark chocolate chips (or none if you prefer)
- Rolled oats (plain, no added flavors)
- Measure the greek yogurt so you have one cup. One cup has 110 calories, but 18 grams of protein!
- Place half the cup in your glass or container of choice.
- Chop up your fruits of choice. We’ve chosen strawberries and blueberries, but we would only suggest you cut up the strawberries. You can put the blueberries in whole.
- Top the fruits with some rolled oats. 1/3 of a cup is about 165 calories but gives you 4.5 grams of fiber and 7.5 grams of protein.
- Sprinkle a few dark chocolate chips on top, but don’t overdo it. It’s more to just satisfy your sweet tooth
- Repeat the steps, using the remaining greek yogurt, fruits, oats, and a few chocolate chips.
What would you put in your breakfast parfaits? Share your ideas below in the comments to help other mothers stay healthy!